Our hotline is here for you 24 hours a day/7 days a week: Dial 211
About Us
Agency for Persons with
Disabilities/Medicaid Waiver Program
Assistive technology How others show respect Using respectful language



Other disabilities

We recognize that our fact sheets do not cover the entire range of special needs. The following websites can provide you with additional quality information and resources.

Exceptional Parent Magazine
Description: Exceptional Parent Magazine has provided information and resources to families for over 35 years. On this website you can submit and respond to parents' questions about your child's disability; view free real- time seminars while asking physicians and other specialists questions and find products and services such as books, toys, videos, pediatric equipment, mobility products and summer camps.

Family Village - A Global Community of Disability Related Resources
Description: Informational resources on specific diagnoses, communication connections, adaptive products and technology, adaptive recreational activities, education, worship, health issues, disability-related media and literature, and more.

National Information Center for Children/Youth with Disabilities
Description: NICHCY is the national information and referral center that provides information on disabilities and disability-related issues for families, educators, and other professionals. Their focus is children and youth (birth to age 22), with an emphasis on special education.

National Organization of Rare Disorders
Description: NORD is dedicated to providing information on the prevention, treatment and cure of rare diseases.

return to table of contents

Brought to you by The Early Childhood Initiative Foundation and United Way Center for Excellence in Early Education

We're always here for you: 211
Copyright © 2001-2009 All rights reserved. | Terms of Use | Site maintained by PC Depot!
Information in this site is intended for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional. Please review the "Terms of Use and Copyright" before using this site.